Automotive StatisticsMay 2015: Positive numbers continue:
- Sales of light vehicles in May were 15.6% higher than sales registered in May 2014.
- Mexican production of light vehicles continues to rise. May 2015 saw a record 288,382 units produced, which is 0.3% more than light vehicle production in May 2014.
- 1,420,863 units have been produced thus far in 2015, representing an increase of 8.4% over cumulative production during the same period in 2014.
- In May 2015, Mexico exported 240,709 light vehicles, which is 2.6% more than in May 2014, when 6,080 fewer vehicles were exported.
- Total exports thus far in 2015 show record numbers, with 1,162,738 vehicles being exported, which represents an increase of 11.5% over the same period in 2014.
- By comparison, 7,014,264 light vehicles were sold in the United States from January through May, 2015, which is 4.5% more than the same period in 2014.
- Viewed by region, Mexican exports to Europe, Canada and the United States increased.
- Exports of Mexican vehicles to Latin America, Asia and Africa actually fell. The main target of Mexican exports is the NAFTA region, which receives 82% of Mexico’s auto exports.
- Light vehicles produced and exported by Mexico from January through May were destined for the following countries:
United States 70.4%Canada 11.3%Germany 3.8%Brazil 2.9%Colombia 2.4%China 1.5%Argentina 1.2%