No items found.

Automotive Statistics

August 10, 2014
Automotive Statistics

Automotive Statistics

  • July 2014 light vehicle sales in Mexico rose 11% over the same month in 2013;
  • Mexico exported 231,934 light vehicles in July 2014, an historic high for any previous July, representing growth of 11.2% for year over year exports;
  • Mexico produced 259,634 vehicles in July 2014, which is 8.5% higher than the number for July, 2013;
  • In the U.S., 9,552,800 light vehicles were sold within the first seven months of 2014, representing a 4.9% increase over the same period for the prior year.

Auto Sales in the Mexican Domestic Market96,211 light vehicles were sold in Mexico during July of 2014, showing an 11% increase over the same month in 2013. However, cumulative growth over the first seven months of the year was only 1.3% higher over the same period of the prior year. Total 2014 vehicles sold of 596,571 puts the Mexican auto industry at its highest level in ten years. Of all domestic autos sold in Mexico during the January-July 2014 period, 47.1% were vehicles manufactured in Mexico, while 52.9% consisted of vehicles manufactured abroad.Total Domestic ProductionManufacturing of light vehicles reached historic highs, in both the month of July, and for the January – July 2014 period. July 2014 saw 259,634 light vehicles manufactured in Mexico, which is 8.5% higher than the 239,311 units manufactured in July 2013. Cumulative January - July production of 1,857,228 units represents a 7.5% increase over the same period in 2013. Of such total production, 83.1% of units were for export and the remaining 16.9% were manufactured for sale in the Mexican domestic market.Auto ExportsMexican auto exports also reached historical highs, both in the month of July 2014 and for the January – July 2014 period. Mexico exported 231,934 light vehicles during the month of July, representing a 20.2% increase over the same month in 2013. The cumulative January – July period showed 1,505,505 units sold throughout the world, which is an 11.2% increase over the first seven months of 2013. Such auto exports were distributed as follows:Mexican Market ShareNissan led Mexican auto sales during June – July period with five of its models landing on the ten most popularly sold vehicles. General Motors came in second, with Volkswagen placing third. In terms of sales volume and market share, Nissan came in first place with 25.35%, General Motors followed at 19.35%, with Volkswagen (14.9%), Ford, (6.3%), Chrysler and Toyota (5.7%) each, and Honda (4.9%) rounding out the numbers.

Share this article:
No items found.
No items found.

Related Articles

View All
Articles
Link Arrow
No items found.