No items found.

Automotive Statistics

June 9, 2016
Automotive Statistics
  • In March 2016, 116,863 light vehicles were sold in Mexico, which is 11.4% more than during March of 2015.
  • Mexican light vehicle production in March 2016 reached 266,960 units, representing a slight 11% decrease from March of last year.
  • Mexican light vehicle exports totaled 224,184 during the month of March 2016, which is 14.2% lower than the same month last year.
  • U.S. light vehicle sales reached 4,062,321 units in March 2016, representing a 3.1% rise over the previous March.
  • 347,326 light vehicles were sold in Mexico during the first quarter of 2016, which is 13.4% higher than the number of units sold during the first quarter of 2015.
  • In the first quarter of 2016, 44% of total Mexican vehicle production was sold in the domestic market, while the remaining 56% was sold abroad.
  • Total domestic vehicle production in Mexico for the first quarter of 2016 reached 805,736 vehicles, a decrease of 5.1% over the same January through March period of 2015.
  • During the first quarter of 2016 Mexico exported 657,098 units, representing a 4.6% decrease over the same period last year.

Mexican automotive exports were largely shipped to the United States and Canada. Such countries represent 86.1% of Mexican total vehicle exports. The United States received 75.7% of Mexican exports, while Canada was the final destination for 10.4% of such export production. The rest of Mexico’s vehicle exports went to Germany (2.8%), Argentina and Colombia (1.4%, each) and Brazil (0.9%).Of the four million light vehicles sold in the United States during the January through March 2016 period, Mexican vehicles represented 12.2% of all vehicles sold. Of the countries that export automobiles to the United States, Mexican exports increased by 3.1%, while Japan and Korea also grew their export production to the U.S. with .6% and 10.1% increases, respectively. Germany’s exports to the United States decreased by 4.5% in the same period

Share this article:

Related Articles

View all
Link Arrow
No items found.

Recent Articles

View All Articles