No items found.

Executive Summary

April 7, 2015
Executive Summary
  • March 2015 represented a record month for light vehicles sold with 104,902 units. This is the highest figure for a single month and is 22.4% over the prior record set in March 2014.
  • During the first quarter of 2015, a total of 306,157 units were sold in Mexico, which is 21.9% more than during the first quarter of 2014;
  • Mexican domestic auto sales during the first quarter were composed by 46% vehicles produced in Mexico and the remaining 54% produced abroad.
  • In March 2015, Mexico produced a record 299,809 units, which is 8.1% higher than in March 2014
  • Light vehicle exports increased by 13.2%, for a total of 261,256 exported vehicles.
  • 3,936,996 light vehicles were sold in the United States during the first quarter of 2015, which is 5.6% more than during the same period in 2014.
  • During the first three months of 2015, Mexican vehicles represented 12.3% of total light vehicles sold in the United States, for a total of 482,288 vehicles.
  • Of countries that supply automobiles to the United States, Mexico and Korea have positive growth rates. Such growth rates are Mexico 12.6% and Korea 17.4%. Japan and Germany had negative rates.
Share this article:
No items found.
No items found.

Related Articles

View All
Articles
Link Arrow
No items found.