On March 20, 2020 the Ministry of Health, in conjunction with the Ministry of Labor published a COVID-19 guide for employers (the “Guide”). The Guide establishes recommended measures to prevent the spread of the virus. In addition to general information regarding COVID-19 and basic recommendations, the following are some of the most relevant measures established in the Guide:
- Promote distancing and arrange workstations with spacing of 5 to 6.5 feet.
- Screen employees before entering the workplace and send home those who show symptoms to get tested or receive medical attention.
- Identify employees who are more vulnerable (preexisting conditions, overweight, over 60 years old and pregnant women).
- Identify positions that can work from home.
- Use technology to reduce number of attendees to meetings.
- Stagger work shifts.
- Temporarily suspend non-essential activities at the company.
If you have any questions concerning labor and employment matters relating to COVID-19, please contact us.Contact information:Pablo Saénz | email@example.comJavier Zapata | firstname.lastname@example.org