Dear Clients and Friends,Given the impact caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, several jurisdictional authorities throughout Mexico, at both the federal and state level, have decided to halt their operations and suspend terms for an undetermined period.Below is a list of several governmental authorities and the periods of suspension for each:
- Federal Judicial System: March 18 to April 19, 2020.
- Federal Court of Administrative Justice: March 18 to April 19, 2020.
- Federal Court of Conciliation and Arbitration: March 18, 2020 until further notice.
- Mexico City Judicial System: March 18 to April 19, 2020.
- Mexico City Court of Administrative Justice: March 18 to April 17, 2020.
It is of utmost importance to continue monitoring the measures adopted by each jurisdictional authority, particularly at the state level, to understand what suspension terms each specific authority will apply.It is also important to note that as of the publication of this newsflash, not a single federal public administrative authority has decided to suspend terms, so the terms with each one of those authorities will continue to run on a normal basis. (e.g. SAT, Secretary of Economy, etc.)We will continue to monitor official announcements and update you as necessary when we have any new information.